November 7, 2009

Cookies and Cream Pie

Interested in a tasty chocolate pie that requires no baking? Um, yes! Me too.

This is one of my favorite desserts that my grandpa makes. Okay, untrue, I love them all! But this ranks pretty highly among PP's desserts that I like when I make them. It's pretty tough to screw this up. And even if you do, the result will probably still be chocolatey & therefore delicious. Win-win.
  • 1 6½ oz. pkg. sugar free chocolate sandwich cookies - totally didn't use sugar free. I'm all about real Oreos.
  • 1 cup fat free, or low fat, milk
  • 1 1½ oz. pkg. vanilla sugar free, fat free instant pudding
  • 4 cups sugar free Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 6 oz. graham cracker crust
Place cookies in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag, seal bag and crush cookies with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy skillet. Combine milk and pudding mix in a large bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended. Fold in 3 cups Cool Whip and crushed cookies except for ¼ cup reserved for topping. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Cover and freeze 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Top each serving with 1½ Tbsp. Cool Whip. Sprinkle with reserved crushed cookies.

There's a chance I did something silly this go-around, like get a regular pie crust instead of a graham cracker crust. So I did have to bake that, but it was my own fault! It was still scrumptious but I definitely prefer the graham cracker crust for this guy.

No comments: